Mobile Phones: A World in Pocket
Well, sometime I believe that almost every grownup individual of modern world is Atlas whereas kids are Hercules of modern era. How?
Let me cite an example, your cell phone carries world in it. You carry the phone. It means you are carrying the world, that also in your pocket! Doesn’t this make you Atlas of the modern world? Yes, it does. Atlas carried world on his shoulders and you are carrying the world in one of the pockets of your trouser. Modern Atlas is really smart.
Now you might think how kids are similar to Hercules? Trust me, they are. I am a logical person and do not like exaggerating.
Kids often use the mobile phones of their parents and return it to respective person after using it for some time. It means they do not want to carry the burden of the world for long time. Just like the way Hercules passed the world to Atlas after carrying it for some time on his shoulders.
Well, it was just a jest. But one thing is true that some of the facts of mobile phones are really interesting. Just go through it and enjoy the mood:
- Martin Cooper, a former Motorola inventor, was the first person to make a mobile call in 1973.
- The first mobile phones went on sale in the US in 1983. Its cost was US$4000/set.
- The mobile phone that you have right now is very powerful. It is more powerful than the computers used for Apollo 11 moon landing.
- The fear of being without mobile or losing its signal is known as nomophobia.
- The best selling mobile phone of the world is Nokia 1100. More than 250 million sets were sold across the world.
- The number of toilets in the world is less than the number of mobile phones that people have.
- A smart phone user on average unlocks the device 110 times a day.
- In Malaysia you can divorce your partner with just a text message through a cell and it is legal.
- More people died while taking selfie than shark attacks in the year 2015.
- The brand iPhone 5 made the most expensive cell phone of the world—US$15 million. It consists of 600 white diamonds in its chassis along with 135 grams of 24-carat gold.
- According to report, 47 per cent people in the world use their smart phone to avoid the people near around.
- Throwing mobile phone is an official sport in Finland.
- More than 47 per cent of the smart phone users say that they cannot live without their cell.
- More than 65 per cent smart phone users do not download even single app in a month.
- People of China mostly use internet on mobile than on personal computer.
- Insomnia, headache and confusion are some of the diseases caused by the radiation of the cell.
- More than 90 per cent of mobiles in Japan are waterproof. This is because people use their mobile even while bathing.
- Every day 340,000 iPhone was sold in the year 2012.
I guess you enjoyed reading it just like the way I did while inking for you. Catch you with more mobile based facts and stories in next blog. Keep your mobile unlock till then!